Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Friday, December 7, 2012
NIC 10 CONFERENCE GAMES START
Belvidere's "Big 6" Puts Belvidere As A Team To Beat In The NIC 10Last week was the start of the NIC 10 conference season for both boys and girls basketball. As usual the Boylan Titans start off strong with 2 victories. The up and coming team, Belvidere Bucs also started off strong with 2 road victories at Hononegah on Friday and then at Harlem Saturday. The biggest surprise in my eyes was Hononegah's victory on Saturday over Auburn. What was really surprising about that game was that it was a low scoring game. Another surprise last week was the Jefferson JHawks losing both of their games against Auburn and East, especially after the JHawks going 4-0 the week before. But as any high school coach, player, and fan knows is that anybody can win a game even though they were not suppose to win it.
Standings after Week 21) Boylan Titans 6-0 (2-0)
2) Belvidere Bucs 5-1 (2-0)
3) East ERabs 5-1 (2-0)
4) Auburn Knights 5-1 (1-1)
5) Hononegah Indians 4-2 (1-1)
6) Belvidere North Blue Thunder 2-3 (1-1)
7) Harlem Huskies 2-4 (1-1)
8) Jefferson JHawks 4-2 (0-2)
9) Freeport Pretzels 2-4 (0-2)
10) Guilford Vikings 2-4 (0-2)
Game Of The Week Last Week#1 Auburn Knights 65 over Jefferson JHawks 60
#2 Belvidere Bucs 74 over Hononegah Indians 66
#3 Harlem Huskies 39 over Belvidere North Blue Thunder 38
Games To Watch This Week#1 Boylan Titans @ East ERabs Dec 7
#2 Boylan Titans @ Hononegah Indians Dec 8
#3 Hononegah Indians @ Jefferson JHawks Dec7
Players Of The Week#1 Box (East) 21 ppg
#2 Pittman (Jefferson) 20 ppg
#3 Doyle (Hononegah) 16.5 ppg
Player Of The MonthNovember: Grygiel (Boylan) 17.8 ppg
Power Rankings Week 2
#1 (LW: #1) Boylan TitansLast week the Titans started off conference play and proved they are a team to beat in the NIC 10. Led behind Stull, who had 23 points, the Titans defeated the Guilford Vikings 79-53. Then on Saturday the Titans beat Freeport 65-35 behind a 13 point game by Cimino which lead the Titans. The Titans have showed in their first 6 games that the can score and that they can play defense. It is not even just 1 guy that can score, everyone on their team can score. This week the Titans travel to East and Hononegah to look to improve to 4-0 in conference.
#2 (LW: #5) Belvidere BucsThe Bucs started off conference play with 2 tough road games at Hononegah and Harlem. With their 2 road victories the Bucs along with the Titans are the 2 teams to beat in the NIC 10 this year. The Bucs have 6 players that are a threat to a opponent which I am going to call them the Big 6, but in January I may have to change that to the Big 7. I have never seen a team for Belvidere basketball with this much talent on it. The Bucs have players that can rack up on points. This season is looking like a season that the Bucs will be able to win a Regional Title and maybe even more. Last week led behind Joe Byers, who had 17 points which was pretty much all in the 2nd half, the Bucs defeated the Hononegah Indians 74-66. On Saturday the Bucs traveled to Huskie country and beat the Huskies 76-50 behind Josh Hauser's 5 three pointers. The Bucs finally get a home game this season which the Guilford Vikings will be traveling to Belvidere to try and cool off the Bucs.
#3 (LW: #3) East ERabsThe ERabs started conference play by defeating Freeport and Jefferson. The ERabs was lead behind Box in both of those games. I think if you stop Box then you will be able to beat the ERabs. The only other threat that the ERabs really have I think is Young who had 11 points in each of the victories last week. I have not really seen, from the stats, another player that is a threat to a opponent other than Box and Young who seem to lead the ERabs each game in points. That is why Belvidere has jumped ahead of the ERabs in my power rankings. Last Friday East defeated Freeport 64-44 behind a 22 point game by Box. Then on Saturday, led by Box once again with 20 points, East defeated Jefferson 49-40. This week the ERabs host the Boylan Titans.
#4 (LW: #4) Hononegah IndiansThe Indians were shocked last week but then came back strong. On Friday it seemed like the Indians did not have a defense against the Bucs, but then on Saturday the Indians D came back strong but the O seemed to be missing. Yes the Indians were playing Auburn so I could see why the Offense was not there, but the Indians can not have that off and on games. If the Indians want to win, especially this week, the Indians need to have both the O and D working. Last week, led by Granath with 20 points, lost a heartbreaker to Belvidere 66-74. Then on Saturday the Indians defeated Auburn 47-31 with Doyle leading them with 16 points. This week Hononegah plays @ Jefferson Dec. 7 then home to Boylan Dec 8.
#5 (LW: #2) Auburn KnightsI was expecting Auburn to have 2 easy wins last week but was I wrong. On Friday the Knights got a 5 point win over Jefferson (65-60). Porter lead the Knights with 22, but what really surprised me was that Rideout was not in double figures. The Knights seem to be missing Fred Van Fleet because there seems to be no consistent points in each game. I know the Knights have only lost 1 game but I would not have expected it to come from Hononegah (31-47). You can not go from scoring 65 points in one game and then 31 in another and expect to win. I believe that the Knights still are one of the top 3 teams in the NIC 10 and that they will come back strong tonight vs Harlem.
#6 (LW: #6) Jefferson JHawksEven though the JHawks started off 0-2 in conference both of there losses was by no more than 9 points. I believe that if the JHawks had more scorers and not just Pittman scoring high each game that the JHawks could have been 2-0 last week. I believe that if Pittman ever has a off night that the JHawks will not have another player that would step up and replace him. You can not have just 1 scorer you must have 3-4 scorers, players that get in double figures each game. Last week the JHawks lost to Auburn 60-65 led behind a 26 point performance by Pittman. Then on Saturday they lost to East led behind a 14 point game by Pittman once again. This week Jefferson will have another tough opponent in Hononegah.
#7 (LW: #10) Belvidere North Blue ThunderNorth improved from the first week of games. However, they seem to not have a offense that can score big. They did score 70 against Guilford but Guilford does not have a defense it seems like. North is another team that has players score in double digits but not consistently it seems like. On Friday the Blue Thunder had a heartbreaking loss to Harlem 38-39 behind a 11 point game by Glenn. Then Saturday they came back and won huge against Guilford 70-47 behind a 19 point game by Blake. Blake, Glenn, and Berkenpas both had double digits against Guilford. I believe that if they all do that against Freeport then the Blue Thunder will get over .500 in conference play.
#8 (LW: 9) Harlem HuskiesIf Harlem expects to win games they will need to have more than just 1 player in double digits in a game. In both games last week the Huskies had 1 player in double digits, Smith vs North and VanWambeke vs Belvidere. VanWambeke had a huge game vs the Bucs with 26 points. They will need that every game however. Once they have more scorers I think that the Huskies will be able to win some games. Last week behind Smith's 14 points the Huskies defeated North 39-38. Then behind VanWambeke's 26 point performance the Huskies lost 50-76. This week is not going to be easy with the Huskies having to travel to Auburn on Friday.
#9 (LW: #7) Guilford VikingsThe Vikings did not have a easy opponent for their 1st NIC 10 game last week in Boylan. I expected the Vikings to lose that game but then on Saturday the Vikings had a easier opponent in North, which I expected them to at least be closer than what the final score was. I would not expect Guilford to get a win this week either, unless they can stop the Big 6 of Belvidere. Guilford is not going to be able to score just 50 points and get a victory versus Belvidere. Last week the Vikings lost to Boylan 53-79 and North 47-70. This week the Vikings travel to Belvidere.
#10 (LW: #8) Freeport PretzelsEven though Freeport probably had the hardest first 2 opponents in the NIC 10 last week with facing East and Boylan, they are #10 this week because of only averaging 39.5 points per game last week. When the Pretzels versused the Titans last week they did not have one player in double figures. Like I have said before you can not win games unless you have more than 1 player in double figures. Last week the Pretzels lost to East 44-64 and Boylan 35-65. This week the Pretzels make the long trip to Belvidere North.
Predictions Last Week: 8-2 Overall 8-2
Boylan @ East- Boylan 75-74
Guilford @ Belvidere- Belvidere 80-50
Harlem @ Auburn- Auburn 76-45
Hononegah @ Jefferson- Jefferson 70-65
Freeport @ North- North 45-39
Boylan @ Hononegah- Boylan 69-66
Friday, November 30, 2012
Last week the NIC 10 Boys Basketball teams started their season with playing in some tournaments. At the Boylan Tournament, Auburn, Boylan, East, and Guilford all played 4 games against Chicago teams. Boylan ended up winning their own tournament, even though both Auburn and Boylan finished 4-0. The NIC 10 also was represented at the Johnsburg Tournament by Freeport, Harlem, and Jefferson. Jefferson went 4-0 at the tournament. Belvidere and Hononegah both participated in the annual Hoops for Healing tournament and both went 3-1 with only losing to Elgin Larkin. Belvidere North traveled to Crystal Lake for the Crystal Lake Central Tournament. This week starts conference play and it seems to be a close conference this year.
Top Players Last Week
1. Grygiel (Boylan)
2. Rideout (Auburn)
3. Byers (Belvidere)
Point Difference Rankings
1. Boylan 82 PPG 52 PAPG +30 Point Dif
2. Hononegah 60 PPG 40.8 PAPG +19.2 Point Dif
3. Auburn 71.8 PPG 54 PAPG +17.8 Point Dif
4. Belvidere 65.5 PPG 53 PAPG +12.5 Point Dif
5. Jefferson 62.3 PPG 51.5 PAPG +10.8 Point Dif
6. East 72.3 PPG 62.5 PAPG +9.8 Point Dif
7. Harlem 54.5 PPG 57 PAPG -2.5 Point Dif
8. Guilford 64.5 PPG 69.5 PAPG -5 Point Dif
9. Freeport 48.8 PPG 54.8 PAPG -6 Point Dif
10. Belvidere North 47.3 PPG 58.3 PAPG -11 Point Dif
Week 1 Standings
1. Boylan Titans 4-0
2. Auburn Knights 4-0
3. Jefferson JHawks 4-0
4. Hononegah Indians 3-1
5. Belvidere Bucs 3-1
6. East ERabs 3-1
7. Guilford Vikings 2-2
8. Freeport Pretzels 2-2
9. Harlem Huskies 1-3
10. Belvidere North Blue Thunder 1-2
*These are what I think
1. Boylan (4-0): Last week they showed that they are going to be the team to beat in the NIC 10. They put up huge numbers on the first 3 opponents in the tournament, and all of the teams were from Chicago which is amazing. Lead by Grygiel, who averaged 21.3 points per game, the Titans beat Carver 83-54, Collins 80-46, Hope 97-50, and Hales 68-58.
2. Auburn (4-0): Auburn beat the same exact teams that Boylan did. The only thing that they did not do is score high in 3 of their games. They did score over 80 in 2 games. Lead behind Porter (13.8 PPG) and Rideout (13.5 PPG) the Knights beat Collins 61-51, Carver 83-64, Hales 61-55, and Hope 82-46.
3. East (3-1): Even though the ERabs lost 1 game and Jefferson went 4-0, I was more impressed with the East ERabs. The reason being is that I believe the ERabs played tougher teams than Jefferson. East also scored more points than Jefferson and that's part of the reason East is #3.
East was led by Young and Box. They lost to Hales 60-70, then beat Hope 96-53, Collins 72-71 OT, and Carver 61-56.
4. Hononegah (3-1): I think Hononegah's schedule was a lot more difficult than Jefferson and that is why Hononegah is #4. The Indians was led by Doyle and Granatha. The Indians beat Woodstock Marian 73-28, Woodstock 45-38, Woodstock North 51-23, and then lost to Elgin Larkin 71-74.
5. Belvidere (3-1): Belvidere is a different team than in recent years. They have players that can score points and they actually have size. Their size is coming down low with 6'7" Seniors Carlson and Wallace. This team could be going far into the playoffs. Last week they lost to Elgin Larkin 64-75 and beat Woodstock Marian 75-40, Woodstock 69-58, and Woodstock North 54-39.
6. Jefferson (4-0): If Jefferson would have played the teams that the teams above them played then they would have been higher in the rankings. I am still not 100% sure how the JHawks are going to do in conference but I will not be surprised if they are in the top 5 at the end of the year. The JHawks were led by Pittman and Mayes last week. The JHawks beat Richmond-Burton 59-38, Wauconda 67-62, Grayslake North 75-62, and Johnsburg 48-44.
7. Guilford (2-2): If Guilford would have had 1 more win they would have been 1 ranking higher but with losing 2 games they sit at #7 this week. S. Jones had a good week last week. The Vikings seem to have scores on their team they just need to pick up the defense a little more. The Vikings beat Hope 84-61, lost to Hales 59-80, lost to Carver 55-78, and beat Collins 60-59.
8. Freeport (2-2): If Freeport is wanting to to win games in the NIC 10 they will have to score more. They averaged 48.8 PPG. The upside to last week is that they did beat Harlem, even though it does not count towards their conference record it shows that they can beat a NIC 10 team. They lost to Grant 63-70, Johnsburg 47-61, then beat Harlem 56-53, and Wauconda 57-50.
9. Harlem (1-3): I am sure Harlem was not expecting to lose 3 games during the first week I know I was not expecting that. I think Harlem will bounce back this week during the first week of conference play. The Huskies lost to Grant 63-70, Johnsburg 47-61, Freeport 53-56, and then beat Richmond-Burton 55-41.
10. Belvidere North (1-2): North looks to be a team that is trying to rebuild. Their one upside to last week was beating Crystal Lake Prairie Ridge. The Blue Thunder beat Prairie Ridge 57-50, then lost to Huntley 46-65, and McHenry 39-60.
This Week & Predictions
Auburn @ Jefferson Auburn 85-65
East @ Freeport East 77-64
North @ Harlem Harlem 60-57
Guilford @ Boylan Boylan 87-54
Belvidere @ Hononegah Belvidere 70-65
Auburn @ Hononegah Auburn 78-60
Freeport @ Boylan Boylan 88-72
Belvidere @ Harlem Belvidere 80-58
East @ Jefferson East 90-50
North @ Guilford Guilford 67-45
Top 3 Games of the Week
1. Saturday: Auburn @ Hononegah
2. Friday: Belvidere @ Hononegah
3. Friday: East @ Freeport
Monday, November 26, 2012
This week starts conference play for the NIC 10 conference. Here are some games to watch
1. November 30: Harlem @ Belvidere North
2. November 30: Freeport @ East
3. November 27: Hononegah @ Auburn
Last week the NIC 10 Girls Basketball teams were in a lot of different Thanksgiving Tournaments. There was not a lot of change between the top teams and the bottoms teams but the middle of the pack really changed.
#1 (LW: #1) Belvidere North (3-0): Last week the Thunder played Harlem and Burlington Central. For the Burlington Central game there was no score reported on RRSTAR. The Thunder did beat the Harlem Huskies 46-40. Its good for the Thunder to beat one of there own conference opponents in a tournaments, especially because now they know what to expect when they play the Huskies again Friday. The Thunder start conference play on November 27 vs Guilford and the play Harlem on November 30 both which are at home.
#2 (LW #2) Hononegah (3-1): The Lady Indians had a successful week last week. The played Dundee-Crown which no score was reported and then they beat Crystal Lake South 45-32. The Indians need to keep on winning in order to top Belvidere North which I believe they will. Both of these teams are going to be very competitive and its going to be fun to watch. The Lady Indians start conference the 27th at Auburn and then the 30th at Belvidere.
#3 (LW #3) East (3-1): East did not play at all last week and that's why the still sit at #3 for me. The ERabs start conference by playing @Jefferson on Tuesday and then home vs Freeport on Friday.
#4 (LW #6) Auburn (2-2): The Lady Knights played Bartlett (no score reported), Oswego East (Won 50-40), and North Chicago (Won 79-37). After starting 0-2 on the year the Knights improved and won 2 games last week. I can see the Knights able to fight for a top 3 position. The Knights start conference with 2 home games between Hononegah and Jefferson.
#5 (LW #4) Harlem (2-2): Last week the Lady Huskies played North and lost 40-46 and they played Sycamore but no score was reported. The Huskies are looking to get even with the Thunder when they play at North on Friday. The Huskies need to score a little more and have a little more defense if they want to defeat North. The Huskies play at Belvidere and at North this week.
#6 (LW #7) Guilford (1-3): Last week the Vikings ended up and lost to Plainfield Central 50-60. They need to improve their defense, especially when the face Belvidere North on Tuesday. They also play Boylan on Friday.
#7 (LW #5) Freeport (0-3): The Pretzels had a tough time last week when they lost to Galesburg 40-77. Freeport is hoping to get their defense and offense to improve when they play Boylan Tuesday and East Friday.
#8 (LW #8) Boylan (0-4): The Lady Titans did not get a win last week when the lost a heartbreaker to Glenbrook South 40-45. The Titans also played Montini but there was no score reported to RRSTAR. The Titans look to get their first win when they travel to Freeport and Guilford this week.
#9 (LW #9) Belvidere (0-3): The Lady Bucs injuries are proving to be a problem. They lost last week to Woodstock Marian 37-54. Once the Bucs get completely healthy I look for them to improve. They look to get 2 wins this week against tough teams at home vs Harlem and Hononegah.
#10 (LW #10) Jefferson (0-1): The Lady JHawks did not have a great first game last week they lost 24-64 to Fall River. If they want to compete they need to improve every part of their game. The play home against East and away at Auburn this week.
-If you have any scores of any of the games that I said that there wasn't a score for please let me know so I can be accurate. Good luck to all the teams this week as the NIC 10 Conference gets under way.
Monday, November 19, 2012
*These are my own rankings
1. Belvidere North (2-0): They showed this past week that they are going to be a high scoring team by scoring 66 vs Marengo and 77 vs Woodstock. Tonight they start off conference home vs Harlem (2-1).
2. Hononegah (2-1): The Lady Indians showed they could put up a bunch of points, then in their 3rd game vs Palatine they put up 29. In their first 2 games they put up 71 vs Huntley and 74 vs Hampshire. This week they play Dundee-Crown Nov. 20 and Crystal Lake South Nov. 21
3. East (3-1): East came close to winning the Harvard Girls Basketball Tournament but fell short in the championship game vs Crystal Lake Central (32-50). Throughout the tournament the Lady ERabs did not show much of a offensive power but a lot of times you don't need that to win. East did show they could play D by not allowing a team above 35 in the first 3 games. According to RRStar the ERabs do not have a game this week.
4. Harlem (2-1): The Lady Huskies seemed to start the season off slow this past week by losing to DeKalb in their first game (27-39). Then they came back and beat Marengo 42-31 and then Woodstock 54-35. The Lady Huskies need to have games like their last 2 in order to compete in the NIC 10. Tonight the start NIC 10 play at Belvidere North (2-0).
5. Freeport (0-2): The Lady Pretzels lost heartbreakers this past week vs United Township (43-44) and Decatur Eisenhower (51-55). The Pretzels need to making little changes to their offense and defense and they will be set to compete in the NIC 10. According to RRSTAR the Lady Pretzels do not have a game this week.
6. Auburn (0-2): Even though the Lady Knights lost both of their games this past week, they showed they could score points by scoring 52 vs Naperville Central and 43 vs Benet. If the Knights can improve their D then they could be in the top 3 of the NIC 10. This week they play Bartlett on Nov. 20.
7. Guilford (1-2): The Lady Vikings showed they were a scoring team vs Lockport by scoring 56, but in the other 2 games vs Rochelle and Romeoville they only scored 32 and gave up over 50. They also had a game vs Joliet Central but no score was reported according to RRSTAR. The Vikings are going to have to pick up their offense and their defense if they want a chance to compete in the upper half of the NIC 10. The Vikings play again tonight vs Plainfield Central.
8. Boylan (0-3): The Lady Titans had a tough week, however they did show they could score points against some good competition. They scored 44 vs Wheaton Warrenville South, 50 vs Schamburg, and 49 vs St. Charles East. In the Wheaton Warrenville South and St. Charles East game the Titans only lost by 3. The Lady Titans look to get their 1st victory this week when they play Montini Nov. 20 and Glenbrook South Nov. 23.
9. Belvidere (0-2): The Lady Bucs are looking to improve from last season, but with some key injuries it is going to be tough to improve. The Lady Bucs scoring was kind of low with 31 vs Richmond-Burton and 34 vs Wauconda. Hopefully when they get less injuries the Lady Bucs will improve on their scoring. The Lady Bucs look to snatch their first win of the season on November 20 when they play Woodstock Marian.
10. Jefferson (0-0): According to RRSTAR the Lady JHawks did not play this past week, so that is why they are #10 this week. The JHawks play November 23 vs Fall River.
-Please if you have any comments on these rankings or believe a team should be higher comment on this. I will be posting my weekly Power Rankings every Monday morning throughout the season. Good Luck to all the NIC 10 teams this week.
*Be sure to come back each week for my Boys and Girls Basketball Power Rankings.*
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone
Saturday, November 17, 2012
Basketball season is getting ready to start for the boys. This season I believe that it will be a even conference for the NIC 10. With Auburn losing Van Fleet, it seems like Auburn could be moving to a middle of the pack team. The team to watch however is Belvidere. They are going to be a tough competition for the other schools. Belvidere is looking to be one of the top 2 teams in the NIC 10.
Top of the Conference:
Belvidere averaged 61.8 points per game last season and they lost a heartbreaker in the Regional Championship game vs East. As usual Boylan could be one of the tougher teams in the NIC 10 because of their athletes in their program. East may also be a team to surprise the NIC 10 teams.
NIC 10 Standings Prediction
1. Belvidere Bucs
2. Boylan Titans
3. East ERabs
4. Hononegah Indians
5. Harlem Huskies
6. Auburn Knights
7. Jefferson JHawks
8. Freeport Pretzels
9. Guilford Vikings
10. Belvidere North Blue Thunder
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Last night there were a lot of upsets in the IHSA Playoffs. My 7A bracket is completely busted because of Downers Grove North upsetting Batavia. I had Batavia winning this bracket easily. I am going to go through all my brackets as of last nights game.
There was only 3 games in this bracket last night. I ended up going 2 for 3 last night. The 2 games I got correct was #2 Ottawa Marquette beating #15 Luther North 44-8; and I also was correct on #9 Flanagan-Cornell beating #8 Colfax Ridgeview 22-14. The one game I got wrong was #6 Toulon Stark County beating #11 Monmouth United 28-14.
There was 3 games in 2A last night. I ended up getting all 3 correct. #5 Carthage Illini West won 24-6 over #4 Tremont, #2 Downs Tri-Valley won easily 42-7 over #7 Havana, and #10 Athens defeated #7 Beardstown 20-13.
There was only 2 games and I ended up getting only 1 correct. The one i got correct was #4 Aurora Christian over #13 Raby 49-12. The one I got wrong was #3 Pleasant Plains beating #6 Auburn 34-21.
4A had 5 games last night. I got every single game correct. Some really close games were #2 Coal City over #7 Peotone 27-20, #1 Macomb over #8 Quincy Notre Dame 21-19, and #3 Olney East Richland over #6 Breese Mater Dei 29-23.
5 games took place last night. One of those games really messed up my bracket which was #9 Lincoln-Way West over #8 Rochelle 35-0. I had Rochelle going deep into the playoffs. The other 4 games i got correct.
6A had 8 contests last night. The only 1 I got wrong was a huge upset. #14 (5-4) Notre Dame over #3 (8-1) Grayslake North 46-27. It is unbelievable how a team that barely made the playoffs could upset a team that was in the playoffs easily. But that's what the playoffs are all about you never know what will happen. The rest of the games were blowouts.
9 games took place. My 7A bracket ended up getting busted last night when #1 (9-0) Batavia got upset by #8 (5-4) Downers Grove North 38-26. I also got wrong #13 Prospect beating #4 Glenbrook North 35-14 and also #2 Bent beating #7 Andrew. If Hononegah ends up losing today my 7A bracket is completely done because I had Batavia beating Hononegah 42-14 in the Championship game. But I believe that Hononegah will not have a tough contest till they play Rockford Boylan in the Semis.
One game wrong out of 10 games is pretty good. The one game I got wrong was a upset #2 Marist (8-1) got beat by #15 Lyons (5-4) 34-28. The game of the night for 8A would have to be #10 (7-2) O'Fallon beat #7 (7-2) Homewood-Flossmoor 37-35.
Saturdays Games To Watch
#8 East Dubuque at Home vs #9 Galena both 6-3. Prediction: Galena 28 East Dubuque 27
#3 Rockford Lutheran (8-1) vs #6 Taylor Ridge Rockridge (7-2). Prediction: Rockford Lutheran 42 Taylor Ridge Rockridge 41 2OT
#8 Farmington(7-2) vs #9 Winnebago (7-2). Prediction: Winnebago 21 Farmington 16.
#4 Stillman Valley (6-3) at home against #5 Plano (6-3). Prediction: Stillman 30 Plano 28.
Okay yesterday in my preview of the Kaneland Belvidere game I predicted Kaneland to win, but in my bracket, which I did without looking at stats, I predicted the upset so my game to watch is #1 Kaneland (9-0) vs #16 Belvidere (5-4). Prediction: Belvidere 49 Kaneland 48 OT.
#4 Peoria Richwoods (7-2) vs #5 Bloomington (7-2). Prediction: Bloomington 13 Peoria 6.
#3 Hononegah (8-1) vs #14 Willowbrook (6-3). Prediction: Hononegah 54 Willowbrook 28
#8 Conant (6-3) vs #9 New Trier (6-3). Prediction: New Trier 47 Conant 41.